Tech Projects, Reviews, Howtos, Linux Fun, And Anything On My Mind.

Lovin the #!

I have been playing with the alpha release of Crunchbang linux, powered by Debian on my Eeepc.
For an alpha release i was expecting crashes and bug, but haven't had any problems yet. All my hardware worked out of the box.

I found that #! is best suited for;
- people that want a lite weight distro
- people that prefer editing config files rather then using gui settings
- people that know or want to learn about making scripts and batch files.
- people that want more control over their system.
- people that like and not scared of using the terminal

If these apply to you, then this is the distro for you.

I have been having fun editing my config files, and setting up conky. and learning how the system works.

If you want to try crunchbang linux, here is the link
http://crunchbanglinux.org/

Here is a screenshot of my desktop with my conky setup, it is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment